National Report 2015 - Ecstasy and Related Drug...
The NSW branch of the EDRS aims ultimately to monitor trends in the Sydney ERD markets and to investigate harms associated with ERD use. The 2015 NSW EDRS revealed ongoing changes in drug markets and indications of drug related harms.
- 100 RPU were sampled in the 2015 EDRS (71 male and 29 female).
- Participants were young (mean age = 23 years), with half (50%) holding a tertiary qualification.
- About one-fifth (22%) identified as GLBT.
- These demographics have remained relatively stable over time, with the exception of a decrease in full-time students and an increase in weekly income.
Drug use history and current drug use
- Participants had experience with a wide range of drugs, having used a median of 11 different drug types during their lifetime and 8 different drug types in the past six months.
- Ecstasy (34%) and cannabis (33%) were the main drugs of choice among RPU.
- Eight percent reported having ever injected a drug.
- Thirty-one percent of the group had recently binged on ERD. Those who had recently binged had done so on a median of two times in the past six months.